Launching a new Blog is monumental, to a new or experienced blogger. Initially, you will be blogging to yourself. You may get a visit from a few friends, maybe a family member or two. One of the most popular Blogging platforms is Wordpress Blog
It helps if you work on this list from top to bottom as each technique builds on the previous step to help you create momentum. In time, you should attract enough readers that you no longer need to work on getting more, instead, your existing readers will spread the work.
Top 9 Tips to Attract readers
9.Write at least five major “pillar” articles. A pillar article is longer and more detailed than typical articles, it is more than 500 words and generally give valuable instruction style information. Developing some of these types of articles will help to increase long term appeal and overall perceived value.
8. Write one new blog post per day minimum. They don’t all need to be a “pillar”, but insure regular and relevant posts, even if short some days. The best way to ensure your readers keep coming back is for them to see new content on a regular frequency, so they expect that if they check back in a day or two, there will be new information for them to read. This causes them to bookmark your site or subscribe to your blog feed.
You don’t have to produce one post per day all the time but it is important you do when your blog is brand new. Once you have a decent reader base, you still must keep your content updating and fresh. The first few months are critical so the more content you can produce at this time the better.
7. Use a proper domain name. Developing a good “Brand” for your web blog is key to being remembered and easily shared with others. People often talk about blogs they like when they are speaking to friends in the real world so you need to make it easy for them to spread the word.
6. Get Involved in the Internet community and visit and contribute to related blogs and forums. Commenting on other blogs and forums is one of the best ways to attract readers. You should aim to comment on blogs focused on a similar niche topic to yours since the readers there will be more likely to be interested in your blog.
5. Place links within your Posts, linking to other blogs. A trackback link is a way to tell the other blogger that you have linked to them. If they wish, they can then link back to you as well.
4. Encourage comments on your own blog. Comments on your blog posts tells new readers that previous readers enjoyed the read enough that they well compelled to say something. This helps to compel new readers to read your post right through. To encourage comments you can simply pose a question in a blog post. Be sure to always respond to comments as well so you can keep the conversation going.
3 Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival. A blog carnival is a post that links to a list of related blogs, with the intention being to aggregate content for readers. Many bloggers link to carnival blogs, because it helps their ranking and generally results in an increase in readers.
To find the right blog carnival for your blog, do a search at blogcarnival.com.
2. Submit your articles to EzineArticles.com and other article directories. This is another tip that doesn’t bring in hundreds of new visitors immediately (although it can if you keep doing it) but it’s worthwhile because you simply leverage what you already have.
1. Continue to Produce more Articles Everything you do above will help you to find blog readers however all of the techniques I’ve listed only work when you have strong content in place.
There are many more things you can do. Finding readers is all about testing to see what works best for you and your audience and I have no doubt if you put your mind to it you will find a balance that works for you.
This article was Submitted by JeromyS
More info on make money blogging